Business professionals or even non business professionals use Microsoft PowerPoint to represent his thoughts, plans and innovative ideas. With the help of multimedia projector and wide screen computer monitor, presentation becomes easier. Through the slides the thoughts of the presenter expressed. Power point slides give the audience better experience since they can enjoy visual presentation. So the success of the entire presentation depends mostly on preparing good slides. So you may think what should be the best ways to prepare the slide. There is no hard and fast rule for doing this. Here I can give a brief discussion and tips about making the presentation more attractive.
First thing you should keep in mind that you need to understand about your presentation materials and your audience. The age, education level and mentality of the audience should be understood earlier. The time of the presentation is another factor you need to think before going to make a presentation slide.
The outlines of the presentation should be given at the beginning so that audience can be aware of the themes of the entire slide show.
1. The background color of the slide should not be to light or too dark. Don’t use too many color in a slide. This will make the slide uglier. Dark background gives eye pain to the audience since it would be difficult for them to see and understand the slide properly. Try to use white or other bright background color and it should be tested if you are going to use multimedia projector.
2. The size of the font should not be too small or too large. Try to limit within 2/3 font styles. Make sure that your slide can be seen from the last corner of the room. You should select such font that can be easily readable. Normally you can use at best 7 lines text in one slide and font size should between around 32.
Don’t fill up your slide with too many texts. Use points to make the slide more understandable and easily grasped by the audience.
3. Try to use capital letter in the title or heading. It is unwise to use capital letter for the entire slide. Use the word that is commonly used and easily understood.
4. You can use picture, videos and screen shots in the slide. It will give better viewing experience to the audience.
5. You can use animation to your slide. But using too much animation is also disturbing for the audience. I suggest you not to use much animation.
6. In professional presentation, it is not wise to use too many slides. If the number of slide is large, the viewers get bored and exhausted.
Success of any presentation depends on lots of factors. If you follow the above guidelines I belief you can make a good slide and reach the audience easily. And by practicing you can also develop better mechanism and ways to make your slide more attractive and unique.